About the LINA Writing Award:
As LINA platform members, the Irish Architecture Foundation and dpr-barcelona are inviting applications for a writing grant to produce new work. If you are a writer from any discipline with an interest in architecture, and you have an idea for a written output (new narratives, stories, textual explorations, fiction or experimental writing), you can apply now for this exciting new opportunity! Applications from emerging writers are especially welcome.
If you are selected, you will:
- Receive a grant of €3,000 to realise your idea
- Be published in print and digital formats
- Be featured on the LINA website
- Become a LINA Fellow and actively participate in the LINA European architecture platform
- Be invited to contribute to the LINA conference in Ljubljana, 21-22 October 2022 (LINA will cover all travel and accommodation costs within Europe for selected applicants)
- Make your ideas heard within the international architecture community
The LINA Writing Award is a collaboration between the Irish Architecture Foundation and dpr-barcelona, with the aim to create a reasoned dialogue between emerging creatives, enhancing collaboration and knowledge exchange in the process. The IAF and dpr-barcelona are inviting writers to join LINA’s exploration of the worlds, landscapes and realities faced by emerging practices shaping future urban environments, with a special focus on new narratives and storytelling supporting clean, circular and sustainable projects. Rather than a descriptive oeuvre, we are seeking new stories, myths and fictions.
Learning, Interacting and Networking in Architecture are LINA’s main focus points for rethinking our everyday built environments in the context of an environmental crisis, with a view to making the European Green Deal a reality.
LINA’s goal is to help steer the architectural sector towards clean, and circular practices. The primary mission of this programme is to support emerging professionals with innovative and forward-looking projects.
LINA is a network of architectural museums, universities, research networks, foundations, triennials, biennials and other architectural organisations from 23 countries, among them the Irish Architecture Foundation. The platform is coordinated by the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia and co-funded by the Creative Europe initiative of the European Union.
Over the next three years, LINA will support sustainable architecture and design projects all over Europe and will encourage emerging professionals to contribute to evolving research and to collaborate with LINA members, to realise and implement new ideas.
We invite you to become an active participant in the LINA network by applying for opportunities such as this award!
- To pitch your idea for this writing grant, please complete a short application form. The information required includes a project title, description and your contact details.
- Pitch your project through the LINA online application form: https://lina.community/call-for-projects/write
- Guidelines: In Section 4 (Programme), for 4.1 and 4.2 please select LINA Writers Award (dpr Barcelona, Irish Architecture Foundation) from the drop down menu.
- Application Deadline: 12 September 2022 at 11:59 pm CET (10:59 Irish time)
- LINA Conference: 20–21 October 2022, Ljubljana
- LINA Architecture Program: Many events between 22 October 2022 – 31 May 2023, hosted by LINA members across Europe
Read more about the Writing Award on the LINA website: https://lina.community/programme/event/19/lina-writers-award/
Read more about the LINA platform and programme, including all opportunities in the current call for projects, on the LINA website: https://lina.community/