About the IAF International Summer School 2023:
As a LINA platform member, the Irish Architecture Foundation is inviting expressions of interest from architecture professionals to lead and contribute to panel discussions, workshops and seminars, as part of our annual IAF International Summer School in Dublin in May 2023.
The International Summer School will explore themes relevant to society, culture and the environment, with a focus on ‘Spaces for Learning’. The Summer School events will be part of a wider ‘Spaces for Learning’ conference and exhibition. The conference will cover best practice from Europe and the LINA network, and reveal, through evidence and case studies, the benefits of architecture on educational policy, the curriculum and pedagogical indicators.
If you are selected, you will:
- Be actively involved in the IAF International Summer School in Dublin in May 2023 as a speaker or workshop leader
- Receive a payment for your contribution
- Be featured on the LINA website
- Become a LINA Fellow and actively participate in the LINA European architecture platform
- Be invited to contribute to the LINA conference in Ljubljana, 21-22 October 2022
(LINA will cover all travel and accommodation costs within Europe for selected applicants)
- Make your ideas heard within the international architecture community
Learning, Interacting and Networking in Architecture are LINA’s main focus points for rethinking our everyday built environments in the context of an environmental crisis, with a view to making the European Green Deal a reality.
LINA’s goal is to help steer the architectural sector towards clean, and circular practices. The primary mission of this programme is to support emerging professionals with innovative and forward-looking projects.
LINA is a network of architectural museums, universities, research networks, foundations, triennials, biennials and other architectural organisations from 23 countries, among them the Irish Architecture Foundation. The platform is coordinated by the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia and co-funded by the Creative Europe initiative of the European Union.
Over the next three years, LINA will support sustainable architecture and design projects all over Europe and will encourage emerging professionals to contribute to evolving research and to collaborate with LINA members, to realise and implement new ideas.
We invite you to become an active participant in the LINA network by applying for opportunities such as this!
- To submit your idea for a presentation, workshop or panel discussion for the IAF International Summer School 2023, please complete a short application form. The information required includes a project title, description and your contact details.
- Pitch your project through the LINA online application form: https://lina.community/call-for-projects/write
- Guidelines: In Section 4 (Programme), for 4.1 and 4.2 please select IAF International Summer School (Irish Architecture Foundation) from the drop down menu.
- Application Deadline: 12 September 2022 at 11:59 pm CET (10:59 Irish time)
- LINA Conference: 20–21 October 2022, Ljubljana
- LINA Architecture Program: Many events between 22 October 2022 – 31 May 2023, hosted by LINA members across Europe
Read more about the IAF International Summer School on the LINA website: https://lina.community/programme/event/3/iaf-international-summer-school/
Read more about the LINA platform and programme, including all opportunities in the current call for projects, on the LINA website: https://lina.community/
Established in 2005, the Irish Architecture Foundation (IAF) is an independent organisation dedicated to the promotion of architecture as culture. We encourage people to engage with their built environment, to inspire new ways of thinking about architecture.
We truly believe architecture has the power to improve the way we live and how we think about our built environment. By bringing people together from diverse backgrounds and disciplines, we can create a more inclusive conversation that will inspire a better-built environment for everyone.