The Rediscovery Centre is hosting FREE guided tours and FREE talks as part of the Built Environment Showcase. These tours will run from Tuesday 28th June until Saturday 2nd July.
The built environment is responsible for almost 50 per cent of raw materials consumption in Europe. Join our FREE guided tours for a Circular Economy Showcase of innovative and practical ways to reduce the carbon and material impacts of our construction and built environment.
Set in the Rediscovery Centre's repurposed Boilerhouse in Ballymun, a demonstration centre of excellence for the circular economy, this showcase will cover circular design, sustainable materials and reuse and repurposing into our built environment.
Visitors of all ages will learn the unique background of the Rediscovery Centre, the history of the old Ballymun Boiler House, and the work that the Rediscovery Centre carries out for the benefit of the community, the circular economy and our planet.
We are also delighted to be joined by a panel of experts who will give a talk on a different subject each day.
- Tue 28th: Rosemarie Mac Sweeney, Irish Green Building Council, "Decarbonising Construction"
- Wed 29th: Darragh Lynch, Darragh Lynch Architects, "Designing for Building Reuse"
- Thu 30th: Tom Woolley, Architect and Environmental Consultant, "Natural Building Materials & Techniques"
- Fri 1st: Declan Darcy, The Hemp Kitchen, "Hempcrete Construction, from Alternative to Mainstream"
- Sat 2nd: General Admission Tours
This event is delivered in partnership with Environmental Protection Agency Ireland (EPA)
Event Date and Time:
Tuesday, 28th June - Saturday, 2nd July
11am - 12.30pm