Challenges and disputes around payments are on the rise. So this is the perfect time to get up to date about the latest examples of construction case law. Knowing the details can help you avoid potential pitfalls when it comes to contracts. RSUA, in partnership with Gately Legal, has organised this seminar on recent adjudication and payment case law.
These examples will cover:
• Adjudication – can a single dispute contain various sub issues?
• Conclusivity of Final Statement in JCT.
• Jurisdiction of Adjudicator / Breach of natural justice in Adjudication.
• “Genuine belief” and payment.
• Severance of an Adjudicator’s decision.
• Status, effect and implications of mandatory Adjudication provisions in a construction contract.
The Royal Society of Ulster Architects strives to enhance Northern Ireland's built environment for the benefit of all through the promotion of architecture. We are the membership body for Architects in Northern Ireland.