Investment in the construction of data centres in Ireland will reach more than €9 billion by 2022with annual investment expected to exceed €1 billion over the next four years.
Host in Ireland stated the €1.1 billion invested in 2018 would bring total cumulative investment to €5.7 billion by the end of the year.
Long-term sustainability of the industry depends on a number of factors including the availability of energy options.
There are 46 data centres in Ireland, with the largest cluster southwest of Dublin, where Amazon and Microsoft among others have set up their facilities. Data centres accounted for an estimated 5.5 per cent of the State’s power requirements at 1.56 TWh in 2017, assuming a power utilisation factor of 42.5 per cent across the industry. Their full capacity in the first quarter of 2018 was 480 MW, with that figure set to grow to over 1200 MW by 2024.
· Educational seminars on the latest industry issues
· Key insights from industry thought leaders, practitioners & service providers
· First-hand case studies on the challenges of facility management and maintenance procurement leadership
· Hands-on demonstrations of the latest solutions in the technology showcase
· Excellent networking opportunities with peers throughout the day
· Meet multiple exhibitors that can meet your needs
Location: Sport Ireland, National Indoor Arena, Snugborough Road, Dublin